About this session
BSMS invites you to join us at our virtual panel discussion at the COP26 World Health Organisation Health Pavilion.
Our event will bring together key international voices from the field of sustainable healthcare to discuss how the environmental impact of healthcare can be mitigated: exploring the interplay of research, clinical leadership, institutions, and industry.
- Dr Chantelle Rizan (BSMS, UK), who will detail the academic basis for sustainability strategy in healthcare.
- Dr Forbes McGain (Western Health, Australia), who will discuss integrating a culture of sustainabile practice throughout a hospital or healthcare provider
- Dr Cassandra Thiel (New York University, US) and Dr Rengaraj Venkatesh (Aravind Eye Hospital, India), who will showcase low-carbon, high quality models of care in lower-resourced settings
- Dr Fiona Adshead (Sustainable Healthcare Coalition, UK), who will discuss collaboration and innovation with healthcare industry to achieve Net Zero
- Dr Frances Mortimer (Centre for Sustainable Healthcare, UK), who will demonstrate the role of healthcare education in sustainability
- Dr Richard Smith (UK Health and Climate Change Alliance), who will discuss advocating together through institutional leadership and collaboration.
The event will be chaired by Professor Mahmood Bhutta, co-founder of the Sustainable Healthcare Group at BSMS, and Green Lead for University Hospitals Sussex (UK).
Book to attend this webinar here >