What do we do?
Our goal is to enable our teachers to make informed decisions about using technology in teaching, using pedagogically-sound methodologies, to maximise learning effectiveness and student experience. We aim to support our educators as role models of digital competency in medical education.
We do this by:
- Service – Providing a professional and effective service to our educators and course teams to help achieve the strategic goals of the School;
- Training and Development – Promoting an increase in digital literacies and capabilities in our teachers through bespoke resources and training opportunities;
- Communication – Filtering, curating and relaying relevant information from partner institutions and networks to tailor to the needs of our teaching faculty;
- Liaison – Liaising between teams and stakeholders (e.g. the BSMS IT and Library teams) to help promote effective communication and maximise all the resources and services available to the School;
- Advising – Providing expert advice; based on robust pedagogical methodologies; on the application of learning technologies in teaching programmes;
- Production – Managing the design; development; delivery; and evaluation of a wide range of bespoke learning resources;
- Strategy – Ensuring learning technologies are included appropriately in the strategic objectives of the School to the benefit of learning and student experience.
BSMS also run a specific Masters level module on Technology Enhanced Learning in Health Education as part of the postgraduate taught programme.
Download the module specification here >
Read more about studying individual modules >