Applying for a research degree
All applicants must apply via the University of Brighton admissions portal.
Apply for a research degree here >
Applications must be accompanied by a full CV which can be uploaded during the application process. It should include the following details:
- Degrees taken, together with all modules and grades
- Details of the research projects undertaken, together with the title of the research project, the project supervisor and a brief outline of the project
- A list of any prizes and awards, including summer studentships or research placements
Your personal statement should be no longer than 1 page of A4 and include the following:
- An explanation of your interest in the particular project you wish to study
- An indication of your experience in the research area and the techniques you have already required or wish to develop
- An explanation of your motivation for wishing to undertake doctoral studies and an outline of your career aspirations
Referees can upload references directly to the admissions portal; please follow instructions during the application process.