Meet the team
Members of the group and their specific research interests are listed below:
1. Dr Leandro Castellano (Life Sciences): Role of non-coding RNAs in cancer.
2. Dr John Jones (BSMS): Role of long non-coding RNAs and other factors in the pathogenesis of high risk multiple myeloma.
3. Prof Majid Hafezparast (Life Sciences): Role of non-coding RNAs as biomarkers in motor neurone disease and neuroinflammation.
4. Rhys Morgan (Life Sciences): Role of β-catenin in post-transcriptional gene expression; RNA binding protein networks in AML.
5. Prof Sarah Newbury (BSMS): Role of microRNAs, long-noncoding RNAs and RNA stability in development and disease.
6. Dr Tony Oliver (Life Sciences): Structural understanding of protein complexes involved in R-loop resolution and processing
7. Dr Mark Paget (Life Sciences): Molecular mechanisms underlying the adaptive responses of bacteria to stress including control of transcription
8. Prof Sandra Sacre (BSMS): Control of inflammation by microRNAs.
9. Ben Towler (Life Sciences): Molecular mechanisms underlying targeted RNA degradation to control gene expression.
10. Prof Simon Waddell (BSMS): Transcriptional profiling mycobacterial host-pathogen interactions and drug responses.
11. Dr Mel Flint (School of Applied Sciences, University of Brighton): Interplay between stress hormones the immune system and cancer cells.